You might consider promoting travel based affiliate offers for a number of reasons. Whether you’re travelling yourself and keeping a blog, or you have a generic travel-based website. Promoting various offers in this niche is a great way to monetise existing web traffic, or a social media audience built around travel. Let’s look at some options when it comes to affiliate marketing.
Travel & Earn
Possibly the most exciting option is to earn a living while you travel, making money documenting everything you get up to. Many people are interested in travel blogs or websites. Whether that be because they’re planning their own travels, or they want to live through your blog because they don’t have that opportunity. A travel blog is also a chance for others to learn about the wonders of the world and various different cultures.
To make travel blogging a success you really need to commit to updating your blog regularly and supporting your blogging efforts with a social media presence. You could consider vlogging (video blogging) on YouTube and showcase the highlights on your Instagram page. As with all affiliate marketing efforts, you need to generate a healthy amount of well-targeted traffic. To do this you need to stand out and offer informative, engaging content that people really want to read or watch. There are so many blogs out there, to stand you need to go the extra mile.
- A good camera -The cameras on our phones have come a very long way, but they still don’t beat a quality camera. If you’re going to make a living from your travels then it’s vital you take quality photos to document your adventures. This will enhance all areas of your marketing.
- Offer something more valuable – Why not create a guide for people who are interested in taking a gap year? Use this free guide as a way to collect email addresses.
Travel Comparison Websites
Travel comparison websites are essentially affiliate marketing models. The website makes a recommendation for the most affordable travel insurance, car hire or plane ticket and pockets a commission when the visitor makes a final purchase. Most people will head over to the well-known travel comparison websites without considering others, so the question is, how can you make an impact? One idea might be to focus on a niche area, building more niche websites as you earn success.
- Don’t copy the big players, innovate and do something they are NOT doing.
- Don’t push your highest paying offers on people, build trust by recommending the best deals available to them based on their search criteria.
- Earning a living from travel based affiliate offers is a dream many people have. Travelling is a popular passion and it’s no wonder that we take joy in this. However, like any affiliate based business, it does require a certain level of commitment and work. So keep evolving, keep testing and don’t get too complacent.